The Vita version of the hi-def upgrade of Stranger's Wrath is two weeks away from being ready for submission to Sony, Gilray said.
Stranger's Wrath HD was published to PC in 2010 and PlayStation 3 in 2011. The HD version has still not been published to Xbox Live Arcade due to Microsoft's strict submission requirements, including developers who haven't previously sold a million boxed retail units requiring an established deal with a known publisher to be eligible for an XBLA slot.
"I'm not going to give up. There is a point where we'll have to give up because we want to do other stuff, but while we're working on Stranger, we're still talking with them to see if we can get it on there," Gilray said.
"Even though we pay for the games ourselves, even though we bring tens of millions of dollars in previous content to the game, even though we would deliver a final product that they don't have to spend a penny on, they're making it a requirement that we give away 10, 20 per cent of that at least to a publisher for doing nothing except having access to their platform," Gilray said. "We might have to compromise, but it doesn't make sense."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer