The Vita version of the hi-def upgrade of Stranger's Wrath is two weeks away from being ready for submission to Sony, Gilray said.
Stranger's Wrath HD was published to PC in 2010 and PlayStation 3 in 2011. The HD version has still not been published to Xbox Live Arcade due to Microsoft's strict submission requirements, including developers who haven't previously sold a million boxed retail units requiring an established deal with a known publisher to be eligible for an XBLA slot.
"I'm not going to give up. There is a point where we'll have to give up because we want to do other stuff, but while we're working on Stranger, we're still talking with them to see if we can get it on there," Gilray said.
"Even though we pay for the games ourselves, even though we bring tens of millions of dollars in previous content to the game, even though we would deliver a final product that they don't have to spend a penny on, they're making it a requirement that we give away 10, 20 per cent of that at least to a publisher for doing nothing except having access to their platform," Gilray said. "We might have to compromise, but it doesn't make sense."
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom announced, has kind of a Zelda vibe