An image for Star Wars: First Assault, a game apparently headed to Xbox Live Arcade from LucasArts, popped up on Xbox.com.
In a post on NeoGaf this morning, user milkybar1983 linked to "every xbla boxart from xbox.com." He provided a link to the images hosted on GiftedApollo.com, which serves as a portfolio for Stefan Michael Hodgson, a U.K. designer whose work on websites and corporate logos appears there. The NeoGaffer also included a link to larger versions of the images on the same website.
Underneath the links, milkybar1983 included box art for 36 unreleased XBLA games, including an image of First Assault's box art.
Little is know about the game. Fusible outed the title in late August when the publication discovered that LucasFilm had quietly registered several domains related to First Assault and had filed for a trademark of the phrase. Earlier this year, Eurogamer reported on mounting evidence including job postings implying that developer Spark Unlimited was working on the next installment of the Battlefront series.
The image of the game's cover art appears above. The original is hosted on Xbox.com.
We have contacted LucasArts and Microsoft for comment, and will update this article any information they provide.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'