Yesterday's Borderlands 2 update brought with it more than the highly-anticipated Mechromancer.
Shacknews reports that the game's new trophies and achievements that came with the update hint at a new location that might appear in upcoming downloadable content. The trophies point to a new desert town called Oasis – one achievement (Bronze trophy) rewards players if they discover "all named locations in Oasis and the surrounding Pirate's Booty areas", another, named Treasure Hunter (Gold trophy) and Completionist (Silver trophy) are also attached to this location.
Members of the Gearbox Forum uncovered file names from the new update that they believe also hints at the new DLC. It includes the names of new maps, a new vendor who sells top-level gear and only accepts "Seraph Crystals" as payment, new class heads, new rarity levels, new items, and new weapons and bosses.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying