PlayStation Vita owners in North America can explore the world of action role-playing game Ragnarok Odyssey starting October 30th, publisher XSEED Games announced today.
Ragnarok Odyssey, a Vita-exclusive spin-off of Korean massively multiplayer role-playing game Ragnarok Online, is developed by Game Arts, creators of the Lunar and Grandia series. Game Arts' open-world RPG take on the Ragnarok universe features real-time, action-based combat in battles between humans and giants, a specialized job system, and plenty of character customization.
The Vita game also supports cooperative multiplayer for up to four players via ad-hoc and online connections.
The retail release of Ragnarok Odyssey will come in two flavors: a standard edition for $39.99 and a deluxe "Mercenary Edition" for $49.99. The latter will include a soundtrack CD, 10 randomized Monster Cards, and a 96-page guidebook featuring artwork, quest details, maps, and boss battle strategies. A downloadable version of Ragnarok Odyssey will also be available from the PlayStation Store for $39.99.
Ragnarok Odyssey will also come to Europe later this year, courtesy of publisher GungHo Online Entertainment.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun