Jagex, the studio behind the popular massively multiplayer online game, Runescape, is releasing Carnage Racing, a social car racing game exclusive to the Facebook platform.
Carnage Racing will be Jagex's first foray into social games and is developed by their newly-formed Californian studio staffed by developers who have worked on the Midnight Club racing series.
The racing game will have 3D graphics and comes with a variety of vehicles, weapons, warps, boosts and tricks that players can perform. Players can race up to seven friends at a time and with every race completed, players will receive experience points and game currency, which can be traded for new vehicles.
Carnage Racing producer, Arash Amini, said in a statement: "Carnage Racing perfectly blends arcade style gameplay mechanics with AAA graphics to give racing fans a Facebook gaming experience like no other.
"With a vast array of customization, upgrades and an army of waiting competitors, Carnage Racing is set to change the way people think about racing games on Facebook."
Carnage Racing will be coming to Facebook in November 2012.
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Space Noir's spaceship combat headed to PC and tablets from N-Fusion and Unity Games
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there