Star Wars: The Old Republic and its developer BioWare Austin, and Riot Games' League of Legends won multiple honors at the Game Developers Choice Online Awards at GDC Online yesterday evening.
Star Wars: The Old Republic took home the prize in four of the six categories it was nominated for: Best New Online Game, Best Online visual Arts, Best Online Technology, and Best Online Game Design. League of Legends won both categories it was nominated for, winning Best Live Game and Best Community Relations. It also won the Audience Award, which is decided by voters on the event's official website instead of by GDC Online attendees.
This year marks the final year for the Austin-based GDC Online, which is moving to Los Angeles for its 2013 installment under a new name: GDC Next. Check out the full list of winners of the Game Developers Choice Awards 2012 below.
- Best live game: League of Legends (Riot Games)
- Best new online game: Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare Austin)
- Best new social network game: Draw Something (OMGPOP/Zynga)
- Best online technology: Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare Austin)
- Best audio for an online game: Diablo III (Blizzard Entertainment)
- Best online visual arts: Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare Austin)
- Best community relations: League of Legends (Riot Games)
- Best online game design: Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare Austin)
- Audience award: League of Legends (Riot Games)
- Online innovation award: Journey (thatgamecompany)
- Hall of fame award: World of Warcraft (Blizzard Entertainment)
- Online game legend award: Raph Koster
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it