The auction of 38 Studios' assets will allow online bidders to participate, Boston.com reports.
A Rhode Island auction house will be auctioning off computers and other tangible goods formerly owned by Curt Schilling's 38 Studios, the studio behind Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and the auction is open to those who want to attend in person and online.
The auction is scheduled for October 16th at 10:30am at 38 Studios' former offices at 1954 Greenspring Drive in Timonium. A second auction will take place on October 23rd at 10:30am at One Empire Street in Providence. Online bidders will be able to participate at www.bidspotter.com
The auction will not include the studio's intellectual property, although some of studio founder Curt Schilling's personal memorabilia might be up for sale.
The court-ordered receiver for 38 Studios has said that there are plans to sell the studio's IP at a later date.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business