Game update 1.5 for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is live on the game's Public Test Server, and brings new missions, locations, and characters like the assassination droid HK-51, according to a post on the game's website.
The smack-talking assassination droid first teamed up with organic meatbags in developer BioWare's 2003 RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. BioWare first revealed his return in July during San Diego Comic Con.
HK-51 is set to join players' parties after completing a quest on a "derelict ship" that lies "beneath the icy surface of Belsavis." The update will also bring access to Belsavis' Section X, where players are tasked with preventing the Dread Masters from acquiring a weapon that could change the course of the war between the Empire and the Republic. In addition, teams that complete "Operation: Denova" on Nightmare Mode difficulty will earn pieces of the Dread Guard gear set.
The post encourages players to explore the new areas and provide feedback in the Public Test Server forum. It also advises players to read information on the Test Center to learn more about the consequences of using their character on the PTS, because characters cannot be copied to use there.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Unreal Engine 4 updated with PS4, Xbox One, Linux and SteamOS support