"Shadow of the Mad King," the first major update for ArenaNet's Guild Wars 2 MMO, is coming October 22nd and includes Halloween themes, new content, and paid tournaments, according to the game's website.
Guild Wars 2's five-player paid battles offer better prizes than its free tournaments. To enter, players will need tickets earned by playing in free tournaments or purchased in the Gem Store.
"Shadow of the Mad King" will also bring Halloween-themed events, decorations, and mini-games to Tyria, including an "epic adventure in four acts" that will start on launch day and run through Halloween. New jumping puzzles, mini-dungeons, bosses, and achievements will also appear with the update.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer