Satouri sent fellow StarCraft 2 player Samayan "BlinG" Kay of Team Dignitas a private message via Battle.net, which was screen captured during the stream.
"Sam, I have abused a child yesterday," Satouri wrote. "14 yo. I might only be interested in milfs and kids now," Satouri continued, just before realizing Kay was live streaming the match.
"Hope you didn't show this to people. Just noticed you were streaming," Satouri said.
The player later apologized via Twiter, calling his comments a "private joke, nothing serious." Following several complaints from watchers to Evil Geniuses' sponsors, the team issued a statement indicating Satouri's ban.
"Today, Evil Geniuses announces that French Zerg player Ilyes "Stephano" Satouri has been suspended without pay for the remainder of October, following his recent inappropriate comments," Evil Geniuses' statement reads.
"He will be ineligible to participate in all online and offline competitions during the month of October, including the upcoming GD Invitational and DreamHack Bucharest tournaments for which he was previously signed up. We sincerely apologize to the respective organizers of these tournaments for any inconvenience the last-minute cancellations may cause."
The statement went on to apologize for Satouri's "inexcusable comments," adding that "they do not reflect our company's sense of morality, behavior and propriety, and they will not be tolerated."
Satouri also issued an official apology:
"I want to very sincerely apologize to all of my fans, my teammates and management at EG, all of EG's sponsors, and the rest of the community for my comments last week. They were insensitive, inappropriate, way over the line, and are deserving of the serious ramifications I have received from my team. I accept responsibility for my mistake, and I will be more careful in the future," said Satouri.
Evil Geniuses also stated that although the decision to suspend Satouri for the entirety of October is final, the situation is still being reviewed, and the team does not consider the matter closed yet.
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- This 40 minute video will teach you how not to die in Dark Souls 2
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Home creator's next game is psychological romance Alone With You
- Nintendo launches indie-focused online hub for eShop titles
- Mount & Blade: Warband gets a full port from Windows PC to mobile
- Flappy is a plush toy game controller for playing Flappy Bird
- Titanfall: Free the Frontier live-action teaser is as frenetic as the game