The image is a screenshot of an alleged email from the Xbox Live team, which states the suspension as the result of "prerelease title play." In response to the image, Microsoft told Polygon the following:
Xbox Live users who receive a permanent ban are no longer able to log into Xbox Live and will not have their privileges reinstated.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song