Straight Right, the Australian developer responsible for porting Mass Effect 3 to the Wii U, may also be porting a Square Enix title to Nintendo's upcoming system, according to a LinkedIn profile discovered by a NeoGAF user.
The LinkedIn profile for Chris Slater previously stated that, since June 2012, he has been "Working for Straight Right on a short term contract, porting a triple-A Square Enix game to the yet-to-be-released Wii U platform." Though Slater's profile has since been updated to remove references to the publisher, you can still find the information in a Google Cached version of the profile.
A representative from Square Enix told Polygon, "Unfortunately, we don’t comment or rumor or speculation." We've also reached out to Straight Right and will update this article as more information becomes available.
In the meantime, be sure to check out Polygon's recent interview with Straight Right, a developer previously known for iOS titles, where they discuss how the studio came to work with BioWare to port Mass Effect 3.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free