Nintendo today announced that they are dropping the price of the Nintendo Wii to $129.99 and that the console will now sell with copies of both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. The new, lower-priced bundle, hits now, but won't be in all stores until Oct. 28.
The bundle will include a black Wii and both games on a single disc. It will also come with a black Wii Remote Plus and a Nunchuk controller.
"Nearly six years after it launched, people are still attracted to the pure, inclusive fun of the Wii console," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "A new suggested retail price and the inclusion of two great games make it an easy choice for families looking for a great value this holiday season."
Nintendo's current bundle comes with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and a music CD and sells for $149.99. This bundle replaces that configuration, Nintendo said.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward