Nintendo today announced that they are dropping the price of the Nintendo Wii to $129.99 and that the console will now sell with copies of both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. The new, lower-priced bundle, hits now, but won't be in all stores until Oct. 28.
The bundle will include a black Wii and both games on a single disc. It will also come with a black Wii Remote Plus and a Nunchuk controller.
"Nearly six years after it launched, people are still attracted to the pure, inclusive fun of the Wii console," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "A new suggested retail price and the inclusion of two great games make it an easy choice for families looking for a great value this holiday season."
Nintendo's current bundle comes with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and a music CD and sells for $149.99. This bundle replaces that configuration, Nintendo said.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Batman Returns (Wed 5 Mar)