The first screenshots of the standalone DayZ game were released today; they show off the game's interior environments.
Don't feel too underwhelmed — according to project lead Dean Hall, the screenshots were taken on "medium" settings and only include "basic texture work and initial lighting passes." Hall also mentioned the design challenges in adding interiors to all the buildings, saying that they weren't initially built to let players enter them. But all the buildings in the village featured in the screenshots now offer interiors for players to explore, and the team at Bohemia Interactive is starting to do the same for cities in DayZ.
More screenshots will be coming soon, Hall said. The alpha version of DayZ is set to be available in December.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Phil Spencer: Games with Gold will feel 'more true' to what consumers want in the future
- When a successful game is a failure