Mike Singleton, one of the founding fathers of game development in the United Kingdom and creator of Spectrum classic Lords of Midnight, passed away last week following a year-long battle with cancer.
The 61 year-old programmer died in Switzerland on October 10th, according to a forum post on Giant Bomb by a former employee.
Singleton is the creator of numerous titles on early eight and 16-bit machines, including Atari ST, Amiga, and role playing game Midwinter. Most recently he was credited as working on GRID for Codemasters in 2008.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy