The blurb also notes the controller is only compatible with the Wii U; it cannot be used to play Wii games on a Wii U or Wii, so don't get rid of your Classic Controller Pro.
"The Wii U Pro Controller features the dual analog sticks and ergonomic button layout that you've come to expect," says the description, "as well as a rechargeable battery that can last up to 80 hours on a single charge." It's unclear if this information is coming from Nintendo; the company has not made any such announcement about the Pro Controller. For reference, Nintendo revealed during E3 that the Wii U GamePad will offer 3 to 5 hours of battery life.
We've reached out to Nintendo to confirm whether the Pro Controller battery life figure is official, and will update this post if we hear back.
Update: A Nintendo representative told Polygon over email, "Nintendo did confirm that the 80-hour battery life on the Wii U Pro Controller, as referenced in the product description on Amazon, is correct."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds