The blurb also notes the controller is only compatible with the Wii U; it cannot be used to play Wii games on a Wii U or Wii, so don't get rid of your Classic Controller Pro.
"The Wii U Pro Controller features the dual analog sticks and ergonomic button layout that you've come to expect," says the description, "as well as a rechargeable battery that can last up to 80 hours on a single charge." It's unclear if this information is coming from Nintendo; the company has not made any such announcement about the Pro Controller. For reference, Nintendo revealed during E3 that the Wii U GamePad will offer 3 to 5 hours of battery life.
We've reached out to Nintendo to confirm whether the Pro Controller battery life figure is official, and will update this post if we hear back.
Update: A Nintendo representative told Polygon over email, "Nintendo did confirm that the 80-hour battery life on the Wii U Pro Controller, as referenced in the product description on Amazon, is correct."
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us