The blurb also notes the controller is only compatible with the Wii U; it cannot be used to play Wii games on a Wii U or Wii, so don't get rid of your Classic Controller Pro.
"The Wii U Pro Controller features the dual analog sticks and ergonomic button layout that you've come to expect," says the description, "as well as a rechargeable battery that can last up to 80 hours on a single charge." It's unclear if this information is coming from Nintendo; the company has not made any such announcement about the Pro Controller. For reference, Nintendo revealed during E3 that the Wii U GamePad will offer 3 to 5 hours of battery life.
We've reached out to Nintendo to confirm whether the Pro Controller battery life figure is official, and will update this post if we hear back.
Update: A Nintendo representative told Polygon over email, "Nintendo did confirm that the 80-hour battery life on the Wii U Pro Controller, as referenced in the product description on Amazon, is correct."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)