A large majority of Guild Wars 2 players created Human characters instead of one of the game's four other, far more fantastical races, and one of the game's writers took to Twitter last night to voice his disappointment in the disparity.
As seen in the lower-left graph in the infographic above — which, from left to right, shows the breakdown for the Norn, Charr, Asura, Sylvari, and Human races — the Humans have more than double the population of just about all of the game's other inhabitants.
Yesterday, Guild Wars 2 writer Peter Fries tweeted about how players who favor Humans are missing out on some of the other races unique storylines.
"GW2 race popularity makes me sad. People avoiding charr & asura are missing the strongest story stuff in our game, IMO," Fries wrote.
He later added that the disparity seen in the graph above has only gotten worse since the infographic was first published in a Guild Wars 2 blog post last month.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming