A large majority of Guild Wars 2 players created Human characters instead of one of the game's four other, far more fantastical races, and one of the game's writers took to Twitter last night to voice his disappointment in the disparity.
As seen in the lower-left graph in the infographic above — which, from left to right, shows the breakdown for the Norn, Charr, Asura, Sylvari, and Human races — the Humans have more than double the population of just about all of the game's other inhabitants.
Yesterday, Guild Wars 2 writer Peter Fries tweeted about how players who favor Humans are missing out on some of the other races unique storylines.
"GW2 race popularity makes me sad. People avoiding charr & asura are missing the strongest story stuff in our game, IMO," Fries wrote.
He later added that the disparity seen in the graph above has only gotten worse since the infographic was first published in a Guild Wars 2 blog post last month.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant