A large majority of Guild Wars 2 players created Human characters instead of one of the game's four other, far more fantastical races, and one of the game's writers took to Twitter last night to voice his disappointment in the disparity.
As seen in the lower-left graph in the infographic above — which, from left to right, shows the breakdown for the Norn, Charr, Asura, Sylvari, and Human races — the Humans have more than double the population of just about all of the game's other inhabitants.
Yesterday, Guild Wars 2 writer Peter Fries tweeted about how players who favor Humans are missing out on some of the other races unique storylines.
"GW2 race popularity makes me sad. People avoiding charr & asura are missing the strongest story stuff in our game, IMO," Fries wrote.
He later added that the disparity seen in the graph above has only gotten worse since the infographic was first published in a Guild Wars 2 blog post last month.
- Toys for Bob and the story behind Skylanders
- Alien: Isolation video explores its 'low-fi sci-fi' design, straight out of 1979
- Tales from inside the Diversity Lounge: PAX's half-baked experiment
- Starbound studio is helping to bring metroidvania RPG Heart Forth, Alicia to new platforms
- PS4 update 1.70 coming soon, introduces video editor app, USB saves, game pre-loading
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?