In a promotion that began last October, Nintendo offered a download of Donkey Kong: Original Edition to Club Nintendo who purchase and register the games before January 6, 2013. According to Nintendo, Donkey Kong: Original Edition is "a special version of Donkey Kong with content never before seen in the U.S. and is not available for purchase."
We've reached out to Nintendo to confirm that the download vouchers are being sent, and will update this article as more information becomes available.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters