Twenty-one new games have been approved by community voting for distribution through Valve's Steam service, the latest batch of title to find support through Steam Greenlight.
Originally, Valve had planned to include at least 10 titles in the latest round of Steam Greenlight approvals, but said "Given the number and quality of games submitted, and the ship date of many of the top-ranking titles, the decision was made to increase the size of this group."
The 21 new titles include Half-Life 2 mod The Stanley Parable, absurd stealth adventure Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Postal 2 Complete, Miner Wars 2081, and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, née Project Giana. The Steam Greenlight library now totals more than 30, with the first batch of community-vetted games announced in early September. One of those titles, McPixel, has been released.
Here's the full list of new Steam Greenlight games approved for independent distribution.
- Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition
- Folk Tale
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Project Giana)
- Interstellar Marines
- Lost Story: The Last Days of Earth
- Miner Wars 2081
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch
- Postal 2 Complete
- Secrets of Grindea
- The Intruder
- The Stanley Parable: HD Remix
Valve launched Steam Greenlight in late August, allowing game makers post assets and information about their games at any stage in the development process with the goal of convincing the Steam Community to vote for their game's publication.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Peggle 2 is coming to PlayStation 4
- Is Activision pondering a Take-Two takeover?
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- Themes are coming to Nintendo 3DS to make your old 3DS prettier
- Super Meat Boy Forever is an endless platformer, not a little 'throwaway game'
- Ambitious, beautiful multiplayer space combat game GoD Factory: Wingmen launches today