The Need for Speed movie in production at Dreamworks Studios has its first cast member, Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul. Best known for his role as meth-maker Jesse Pinkman, Paul has been cast as the lead in Need for Speed, which begins filming early next year.
"Like the game series itself, the cast for the movie needs to be edgy and cool," said Electronic Arts VP Patrick Soderlund in a release. "Aaron Paul is a rising star — a great choice for the film lead. We're looking forward to announcing the rest of the actors that will bring this racing franchise to the big screen."
Need for Speed will be directed by Scott Waugh (Act of Valor) and based on a story by George and John Gatins (Reel Steel, Flight).
Electronic Arts describes Need for Speed as a "fast-paced, high-octane film rooted in the tradition of the great car culture films of the 70s while being extremely faithful to the spirit of the video game franchise." The film adaptation is based on the overarching franchise, not a specific game.
Need for Speed is expected to be released in theaters February 7th, 2014.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Nintendo 'portable video device' registered with Korea RAA
- Conception 2 review: bad romance