The Wii U will have in-game chat functionality for selected games, according to Nintendo.
In a statement released by the publisher and developer, Nintendo said that the in-game chat functionality will be available for selected games, "including, but not limited to, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3, and Mass Effect 3.
"This feature will be supported by licensed stereo headsets that plug directly into the headphone port of the Game Pad. Licensed headsets are available from Turtle Beach and Tritton," Nintendo said.
Nintendo has not confirmed whether players will be able to plug a headset into the Wii U's Pro Controller, a more traditional controller that doesn't have a touchscreen like the Game Pad. The Pro Controller has been confirmed to be compatible with games like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, although it is unclear how players will be able to access in-game voice chat if they choose to play with the Pro Controller instead of the Game Pad.
The Wii U will release in North America on November 18th starting at $299.99.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26