Mojang, the Stockholm-based studio behind Minecraft, is up for an award for a recent move — not one in the gaming market, but a physical move to a new location that has been nominated in the "Sweden's best-looking offices" contest.
The award is given out by media company Local News, and the winner is selected by a seven-member jury featuring architects and real-estate leaders. Readers can also vote for their favorite among 37 nominees.
According to the description of Mojang's offices on the award site, the space was designed after the fictional Sir Mojang — "Who he is, what character traits he has, what he does when no one is looking, etc." Thanks to interior designer BSK Architects, Mojang says it has "received a workplace that redefines the whole concept of what a business is and can be." Photos on the site show off an open layout with earth tones and wood featured heavily, along with red wall accents and a checkered blue carpet for contrast.
The results will be announced on November 22nd. The winner will receive a "very fine piece of art," while the runner-up will get a one-year free rental of a fish tank.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer