The Gold Rush Pack, Coin Challenge Pack A, and Nerve-Wrack Pack each include three Coin Rush Mode stages and will be available individually for $2.50. Packs can be purchased through the New Super Mario Bros. 2 in-game shop.
While Gold Rush focuses on honing players' coin-collecting skills, the Coin Challenge Pack A will use the New Super Mario Bros. 2 website to track rankings and construct leaderboards based on this pack's results. The Nerve-Wrack Pack is designed for veteran players looking for a more challenging set of courses.
Nintendo also revealed that more sets of packs are on the way, with the next two scheduled to release at the end of October and end of November. Europe and Japan will receive the above three downloadable content packs today, Oct. 2.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4