Valve will begin publishing non-gaming software on Steam, with the first group of titles available today at a 10 percent discount, the company announced.
Steam community members can now download editing software titles ArtRage Studio Pro, CameraBag 2, GameMaker: Studio, 3D-Coat, 3DMark Vantage, and 3DMark 11 through Valve's platform. Most of these titles are compatible with Steamworks features, including automatic updates and saving work files to the Steam Cloud.
Most notably, GameMaker Studio integrates with Steam Workshop, allowing users to share their creations directly with other Steam members.
Steam users can purchase these titles at their discounted prices until the end of the week.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27