Valve will begin publishing non-gaming software on Steam, with the first group of titles available today at a 10 percent discount, the company announced.
Steam community members can now download editing software titles ArtRage Studio Pro, CameraBag 2, GameMaker: Studio, 3D-Coat, 3DMark Vantage, and 3DMark 11 through Valve's platform. Most of these titles are compatible with Steamworks features, including automatic updates and saving work files to the Steam Cloud.
Most notably, GameMaker Studio integrates with Steam Workshop, allowing users to share their creations directly with other Steam members.
Steam users can purchase these titles at their discounted prices until the end of the week.
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.