Valve will begin publishing non-gaming software on Steam, with the first group of titles available today at a 10 percent discount, the company announced.
Steam community members can now download editing software titles ArtRage Studio Pro, CameraBag 2, GameMaker: Studio, 3D-Coat, 3DMark Vantage, and 3DMark 11 through Valve's platform. Most of these titles are compatible with Steamworks features, including automatic updates and saving work files to the Steam Cloud.
Most notably, GameMaker Studio integrates with Steam Workshop, allowing users to share their creations directly with other Steam members.
Steam users can purchase these titles at their discounted prices until the end of the week.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?