Tomb Raider, the upcoming reboot of the Lara Croft-fronted series, is the subject of a new video released today chronicling the game's storytelling developments.
The video, which is the second installment in the "Final Hours of Tomb Raider" series, begins by exploring the first hands-on with the game earlier this year at San Diego Comic Con. Through interviews, developers from Crystal Dynamics explain their nervousness showing an unreleased to the public and rebooting a well-known franchise. The video also introduces the series' first female lead writer, Rhianna Pratchett, who says that being a woman "probably helps" when writing for Croft, but that she thinks of herself as a writer first.
Tomb Raider is set for release March 5th, 2013 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Check out the video above.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Ubisoft 'forced' Watch Dogs dev into E3 2012 reveal