PlayStation Mobile – Sony's cross-platform mobile gaming service that allows players to experience PlayStation Mobile games across Sony's devices and select Android-based smartphones and tablets – is now live.
PlayStation Mobile can be accessed through Sony's PlayStation Store and purchases are tied to users' PlayStation Network IDs. Users will only need to buy a PlayStation Mobile game once and it will be playable on any PlayStation Certified Device and PlayStation Vita.
The service launches today in Japan, the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia, with more countries to follow.
Some of the launch titles include: Super Crate Box, Wipe!, Revel, Hungry Giraffe, Samurai Beatdown, Beats Slider, Numblast, and Everybody's Arcade. At the moment there are appears to be 20 games and one app available for the North American PlayStation Mobile store.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward