PlayStation Mobile – Sony's cross-platform mobile gaming service that allows players to experience PlayStation Mobile games across Sony's devices and select Android-based smartphones and tablets – is now live.
PlayStation Mobile can be accessed through Sony's PlayStation Store and purchases are tied to users' PlayStation Network IDs. Users will only need to buy a PlayStation Mobile game once and it will be playable on any PlayStation Certified Device and PlayStation Vita.
The service launches today in Japan, the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia, with more countries to follow.
Some of the launch titles include: Super Crate Box, Wipe!, Revel, Hungry Giraffe, Samurai Beatdown, Beats Slider, Numblast, and Everybody's Arcade. At the moment there are appears to be 20 games and one app available for the North American PlayStation Mobile store.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- A New Steam Controller
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4