Battlefield 3's upcoming downloadable content Aftermath features a dinosaur-themed Easter egg, EA Digital Illusions CE producer Craig Mcleod confirmed to VG247.
The dinosaur meme first began prior to the release of Battlefield 3 last year, with fans bringing forward the idea of including a dinosaur survivor mode. This idea quickly gained popularity throughout both Reddit and Twitter communities, as well as acknowledgement from the official Battlefield 3 Twitter account which jokingly stated there is "no word on dinosaur DLC. Would you like one? And if so, would it be humans vs. dinosaurs?"
"I've seen that, yeah," said Mcleod, regarding the dinosaur craze among the Battlefield fanbase. "I think each game gets it's kind of little...quirk that players like. We understand this and actually, we do have one hidden Easter Egg which is along this theme in Aftermath."
Battlefield 3's community manager also acknowledged the dinosaur meme on Reddit, writing: "Glad to see the enthusiasm. Really, though, if this is something you guys want the best way to go about it is to try to get #BF3Dinos off the ground on Twitter. If that sh*t trends it's pretty hard to ignore."
Battlefield 3 Aftermath will be released first for PlayStation 3 Premium subscribers on Nov. 27, then for PC and Xbox 360 Premium subscribers on Dec. 4. The standard PlayStation 3 release date is Dec. 11, while the standard PC and Xbox 360 date is Dec. 28.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet