The first DLC for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is called called Slingshot and will include a new single-player campaign, according to a press release from developer Firaxis.
Slingshot is first of two planned DLC pieces and will include three new Council missions, three new maps, and its own story arc, featuring "a badass Triad operative named Zhang," designer Ananda Gupta told Joystiq. Gupta said that the DLC will include more varied objectives with new mechanics.
Players will have to start a new game to access the content, though the game allows players to begin the missions whenever they choose. The DLC also allows players to unlock the Blaster Launcher, a weapon that was previously only available late during the campaign.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy