Assassin's Creed 3 will play exactly the same on every platform that it is designed for, even the Wii U, according to the game's creative director, Alex Hutchinson.
Speaking in an interview with Games Industry International, Hutchinson said that both the quality of the game and the gameplay itself will be consistent across the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and PC.
"I'm super excited whenever we demo the Wii U," Hutchinson said. "It is exactly the same game that's on the other platforms. And I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's been a long time since I've shipped a game on more than three platforms where you could say it's all the same. It's not like some radically diminished version, so that's exciting."
Hutchinson said that it can be a challenge to develop for new hardware, but that the team found their experience with the Wii U exciting.
The Wii U version of the game will use the Game Pad to display the in-game map and allow users to equip their character with weapons.
Assassin's Creed 3 will release on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on Oct. 30. The Wii U version is expected to launch with the console on Nov. 18.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft