Runic Games' action role-playing title Torchlight 2 could benefit from the inclusion of Minecraft-like resource management and building elements, designer Max Schaefer said in a recent interview with Indie Game Magazine Radio.
"What I'd like to see personally is to get the building and resource aspects of Minecraft and put them into an ARPG, just so it's a little more than just wandering from one monster to the next and hitting them," Schaefer said.
"Your character has permanence [in Torchlight 2], but you don't have anything like property or anything that you've built right now in our game that lead to any sense of permanence. So I'd like to explore that a little bit," he added.
Schaefer clarified that this is his personal view on beneficial additions to Torchlight 2, stating that the game's team of 30 would most likely offer different ideas and views on building action RPGS.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?