The giant bug-slaying, fire-and-forget fun of the Earth Defense Force series is coming to the PlayStation Vita in North America this winter, according to D3Publisher. The portable port of Earth Defense Force 2017, originally released on Xbox 360 in 2007, will bring with it new features on its journey to Sony's portable game machine.
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable adds cooperative online play for up to four players — with online chat — and an online player-versus-player mode to complement the single-player alien shooting gallery action. Players will also be able to control Pale Wing, the flying female EDF soldier who appears in Earth Defense Force 2 and the upcoming Earth Defense Force 4.
On the official PlayStation Blog, D3Publisher outlines the rest of the portable port's features, including 150+ weapons and four player Pale Wing Unit teams.
The PlayStation Vita version of Earth Defense Force 2017 doesn't have a firm release date in North America — it was released in Japan in September — only confirming a winter release.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying