The giant bug-slaying, fire-and-forget fun of the Earth Defense Force series is coming to the PlayStation Vita in North America this winter, according to D3Publisher. The portable port of Earth Defense Force 2017, originally released on Xbox 360 in 2007, will bring with it new features on its journey to Sony's portable game machine.
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable adds cooperative online play for up to four players — with online chat — and an online player-versus-player mode to complement the single-player alien shooting gallery action. Players will also be able to control Pale Wing, the flying female EDF soldier who appears in Earth Defense Force 2 and the upcoming Earth Defense Force 4.
On the official PlayStation Blog, D3Publisher outlines the rest of the portable port's features, including 150+ weapons and four player Pale Wing Unit teams.
The PlayStation Vita version of Earth Defense Force 2017 doesn't have a firm release date in North America — it was released in Japan in September — only confirming a winter release.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?