Morgan Davis Foehl, whose previous credits include acting as assistant editor for FX television series Rescue Me and Adam Sandler comedies I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and Click, will be writing the script for the Mass Effect movie, reports Variety.
Foehl is taking the project over from Mark Protosevich, writer for Thor and I Am Legend.
Foehl's writing credits include 2009 Black List award winner What Gets You Through the Night, as well as the upcoming adaptation of the military comic book series Crosshair and sci-fi film Alien Sleeper Cell.
Production company Arad Productions will also work on the film, and has ties to other video game-adapted projects including for Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Infamous, and Metal Gear Solid.
Legendary has said the Mass Effect movie will not be based on the video games, but will include a brand new story set in the same universe.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4