Morgan Davis Foehl, whose previous credits include acting as assistant editor for FX television series Rescue Me and Adam Sandler comedies I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and Click, will be writing the script for the Mass Effect movie, reports Variety.
Foehl is taking the project over from Mark Protosevich, writer for Thor and I Am Legend.
Foehl's writing credits include 2009 Black List award winner What Gets You Through the Night, as well as the upcoming adaptation of the military comic book series Crosshair and sci-fi film Alien Sleeper Cell.
Production company Arad Productions will also work on the film, and has ties to other video game-adapted projects including for Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Infamous, and Metal Gear Solid.
Legendary has said the Mass Effect movie will not be based on the video games, but will include a brand new story set in the same universe.
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?