Morgan Davis Foehl, whose previous credits include acting as assistant editor for FX television series Rescue Me and Adam Sandler comedies I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and Click, will be writing the script for the Mass Effect movie, reports Variety.
Foehl is taking the project over from Mark Protosevich, writer for Thor and I Am Legend.
Foehl's writing credits include 2009 Black List award winner What Gets You Through the Night, as well as the upcoming adaptation of the military comic book series Crosshair and sci-fi film Alien Sleeper Cell.
Production company Arad Productions will also work on the film, and has ties to other video game-adapted projects including for Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Infamous, and Metal Gear Solid.
Legendary has said the Mass Effect movie will not be based on the video games, but will include a brand new story set in the same universe.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?