In Japan, Konami will release a pair of premium version packages for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, packing in a slew of special edition goods including a pair of Dwarf Gekko toys that come with sliced-up battle damage.
Those two Dwarf Gekkos also feature magnetized bodies that can be pulled apart, referencing the sword-based slicing action prominently featured in Revengeance. The premium package, which is available via publisher's Konami Style online store, will also include a metal case, art book with illustrations from Yoji Shinkawa and a soundtrack CD. A download code for a skin modeled after Cyborg Ninja (aka Gray Fox) will also be included, letting players customize Raiden's outfit.
Konami is charging ¥9,980 (about $124) for the premium package version of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
A second package, dubbed the special edition Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance premium package, will also pack in a "white armor version" of the Raiden action figure being produced by Square Enix's Play Arts line. It's going for ¥12,980 (about $161).
The Konami Style offerings are pictured below.
In North America, Konami will release a special edition version of Revengeance with a "high frequency plasma lamp" modeled after Raiden's in-game sword.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and its two premium packages will be released in Japan on Feb. 21, 2013. The game releases on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in North America on Feb. 19, 2013.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26