In Japan, Konami will release a pair of premium version packages for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, packing in a slew of special edition goods including a pair of Dwarf Gekko toys that come with sliced-up battle damage.
Those two Dwarf Gekkos also feature magnetized bodies that can be pulled apart, referencing the sword-based slicing action prominently featured in Revengeance. The premium package, which is available via publisher's Konami Style online store, will also include a metal case, art book with illustrations from Yoji Shinkawa and a soundtrack CD. A download code for a skin modeled after Cyborg Ninja (aka Gray Fox) will also be included, letting players customize Raiden's outfit.
Konami is charging ¥9,980 (about $124) for the premium package version of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
A second package, dubbed the special edition Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance premium package, will also pack in a "white armor version" of the Raiden action figure being produced by Square Enix's Play Arts line. It's going for ¥12,980 (about $161).
The Konami Style offerings are pictured below.
In North America, Konami will release a special edition version of Revengeance with a "high frequency plasma lamp" modeled after Raiden's in-game sword.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and its two premium packages will be released in Japan on Feb. 21, 2013. The game releases on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in North America on Feb. 19, 2013.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward