Grand Theft Auto: Vice City turns 10 years old next week, and Rockstar is marking the occasion by announcing iOS and Android ports of the Miami-themed open-world classic.
The touch-controlled ports, which Rockstar says will "[bring] the full experience to mobile devices, featuring native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the iOS and Android platforms," will be available "later this fall." Last year, Rockstar highlighted the 10th anniversary of Grand Theft Auto 3 in the same way, with updated versions for iOS and Android that launched in mid-December.
In a press release announcing the news, Rockstar Games co-founder Sam Houser called Vice City "a defining moment in the series," and added, "we're delighted to be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year with a stunning, updated version for phones and tablets."
The iOS and Android versions are only part of Rockstar's 10th anniversary celebration for Vice City. The company will also be releasing special videos and images, including a new anniversary trailer and previously unseen artwork. In addition, fans will be able to purchase limited-edition Vice City-related collectibles from the Rockstar Warehouse.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City originally launched on the PlayStation 2 on Oct. 29, 2002, and went on to become one of the best-selling PS2 games of all time. It was later released on PC, Xbox and Mac.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes