Grand Theft Auto: Vice City turns 10 years old next week, and Rockstar is marking the occasion by announcing iOS and Android ports of the Miami-themed open-world classic.
The touch-controlled ports, which Rockstar says will "[bring] the full experience to mobile devices, featuring native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the iOS and Android platforms," will be available "later this fall." Last year, Rockstar highlighted the 10th anniversary of Grand Theft Auto 3 in the same way, with updated versions for iOS and Android that launched in mid-December.
In a press release announcing the news, Rockstar Games co-founder Sam Houser called Vice City "a defining moment in the series," and added, "we're delighted to be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year with a stunning, updated version for phones and tablets."
The iOS and Android versions are only part of Rockstar's 10th anniversary celebration for Vice City. The company will also be releasing special videos and images, including a new anniversary trailer and previously unseen artwork. In addition, fans will be able to purchase limited-edition Vice City-related collectibles from the Rockstar Warehouse.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City originally launched on the PlayStation 2 on Oct. 29, 2002, and went on to become one of the best-selling PS2 games of all time. It was later released on PC, Xbox and Mac.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Puppeteer, PayDay 2 and more join PS Plus Europe free game collection April 30
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant