Need for Speed: Most Wanted is coming to the Nintendo Wii U in 2013, EA confirmed with Polygon today.
The game was listed as a Wii U title in Nintendo's recent financial report, grouped in with other third party titles planned for release in 2013.
"We are very excited to deliver Need for Speed: Most Wanted on more platforms and to more gamers," a representative for EA said. "Starting Oct. 30, Most Wanted will be available on X360, PS3, PS Vita, Android and iOS. Then in 2013, Nintendo fans will be able to experience what it means to be Most Wanted amongst their friends on the Wii U."
We have reached out for more information on a release date and whether the Wii U version will be cross-platform compatible, allowing Wii U owners to use the Cloudcompete feature and play online against Most Wanted players on other platforms. We will update this story with more information as we have it.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Indigenous groups seek games company to tell endangered stories