Hawken, Adhesive Games' upcoming mech-based first-person shooter, has entered its first closed beta with several updates, according to a forum post from the senior community manager.
The beta includes additions such as new items, mech progression experience and a new mode called Siege. Siege Mode puts players in charge of a battleship while they assault enemy forces and defend their troops. It will be available on the Titan map, one of two new maps added to the game.
Closed beta signups are still available on the game's official site and will allow players to select a callsign before the game's launch. Hawken will not feature a single player campaign and uses the Unreal Engine. The game will be free-to-play with purchasable in-game items.
Hawken is currently slated for launch on Dec. 12 for the PC. Check out the full list of updates here.
- Watch what Grand Theft Auto 4's killer PC mod does for its original trailer
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Wii version of Skylanders Trap Team bundled with Wii U download code