Hawken, Adhesive Games' upcoming mech-based first-person shooter, has entered its first closed beta with several updates, according to a forum post from the senior community manager.
The beta includes additions such as new items, mech progression experience and a new mode called Siege. Siege Mode puts players in charge of a battleship while they assault enemy forces and defend their troops. It will be available on the Titan map, one of two new maps added to the game.
Closed beta signups are still available on the game's official site and will allow players to select a callsign before the game's launch. Hawken will not feature a single player campaign and uses the Unreal Engine. The game will be free-to-play with purchasable in-game items.
Hawken is currently slated for launch on Dec. 12 for the PC. Check out the full list of updates here.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer