Custom mod company Evil Controllers is currently running a Kickstarter to fund a lithium ion battery-powered Xbox 360 controller that would grant longer gaming sessions and less charging time.
The modified controller removes the back panel's battery pack and instead inserts a flat lithium ion charge. According to Evil Controllers' CEO Adam Coe, the lithium addition won't require the same juice as regular batteries, meaning "you won't need to actually recharge the battery for weeks, if not months." The Kickstarter page states that battery will hold for more than 10 hours at a time and will last "a lifetime."
If funded, buyers will be able to grab a premade controller or a do-it-yourself kit, which will require a back panel swap. The project has a set goal of $15,000 and will come to an end on Sunday, Dec. 2.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Wobble Rocket: Our first game! (looking for feedback)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II