Custom mod company Evil Controllers is currently running a Kickstarter to fund a lithium ion battery-powered Xbox 360 controller that would grant longer gaming sessions and less charging time.
The modified controller removes the back panel's battery pack and instead inserts a flat lithium ion charge. According to Evil Controllers' CEO Adam Coe, the lithium addition won't require the same juice as regular batteries, meaning "you won't need to actually recharge the battery for weeks, if not months." The Kickstarter page states that battery will hold for more than 10 hours at a time and will last "a lifetime."
If funded, buyers will be able to grab a premade controller or a do-it-yourself kit, which will require a back panel swap. The project has a set goal of $15,000 and will come to an end on Sunday, Dec. 2.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?