The Kickstarter project is first aiming for $750,000, where every backer will start their game with "a pilot's best friend," the class I repair bot. At $2.5 million, Roberts and the team will add a flyable ship called the Anvil Gladiator. The Gladiator supports the game's heaviest antimatter torpedoes and has a pair of turrets for extra protection.
Polygon reported previously on Star Citizen, a subscription-free, space adventure game that launched its Kickstarter campaign on Oct. 18. The project reached its initial goal of $500,000 in less than six days. Cloud Imperium, Chris Roberts' company, has also been collecting funds through its website. Together, more than $2 million has been raised.
The Star Citizen pledge campaign on Cloud Imperium's website has also been extended by 10 days. It will now come to an end with the Kickstarter campaign on Nov. 19, 11 a.m. PT.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4