Isaiah-Triforce Johnson, the Nintendo fan who lined up for the Wii U nearly a month early, had to abandon his number one spot due to the oncoming storm caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Johnson was told by Rockefeller Center security to vacate by 6 p.m. Although he must leave the premises, officials promised that he can return to his place in the one-man line when Nintendo World reopens the day after tomorrow.
"It's for my health sake, which is understandable," Johnson tweeted. "At least I'll [have] completed the standard store hours needed to count as a day."
Hurricane Sandy has already prompted widespread evacuations in New York and a shutdown of transit systems and schools. The city is currently in emergency mode, according to the New York Times, with more than 370,000 people evacuated.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?