Isaiah-Triforce Johnson, the Nintendo fan who lined up for the Wii U nearly a month early, had to abandon his number one spot due to the oncoming storm caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Johnson was told by Rockefeller Center security to vacate by 6 p.m. Although he must leave the premises, officials promised that he can return to his place in the one-man line when Nintendo World reopens the day after tomorrow.
"It's for my health sake, which is understandable," Johnson tweeted. "At least I'll [have] completed the standard store hours needed to count as a day."
Hurricane Sandy has already prompted widespread evacuations in New York and a shutdown of transit systems and schools. The city is currently in emergency mode, according to the New York Times, with more than 370,000 people evacuated.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)