Isaiah-Triforce Johnson, the Nintendo fan who lined up for the Wii U nearly a month early, had to abandon his number one spot due to the oncoming storm caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Johnson was told by Rockefeller Center security to vacate by 6 p.m. Although he must leave the premises, officials promised that he can return to his place in the one-man line when Nintendo World reopens the day after tomorrow.
"It's for my health sake, which is understandable," Johnson tweeted. "At least I'll [have] completed the standard store hours needed to count as a day."
Hurricane Sandy has already prompted widespread evacuations in New York and a shutdown of transit systems and schools. The city is currently in emergency mode, according to the New York Times, with more than 370,000 people evacuated.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward