Isaiah-Triforce Johnson, the Nintendo fan who lined up for the Wii U nearly a month early, had to abandon his number one spot due to the oncoming storm caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Johnson was told by Rockefeller Center security to vacate by 6 p.m. Although he must leave the premises, officials promised that he can return to his place in the one-man line when Nintendo World reopens the day after tomorrow.
"It's for my health sake, which is understandable," Johnson tweeted. "At least I'll [have] completed the standard store hours needed to count as a day."
Hurricane Sandy has already prompted widespread evacuations in New York and a shutdown of transit systems and schools. The city is currently in emergency mode, according to the New York Times, with more than 370,000 people evacuated.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?