Assassin's Creed 3 will include an in-game currency which can be paid for using real money, according to product listings on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace, as spotted by Eurogamer.
The currency, called Erudito Credits, can be bought in various bundles. A pack of 925 Erudito Credits can be purchased for 1600 Microsoft Points, while bundles of 20, 50, 155, 380, and 925 Credits are listed on the US PlayStation Store.
"Buying this pack will grant you 925 Erudito Credits ingame, allowing you to acquire some game items, disregarding your current level," reads a screenshot taken by WorthPlaying.
Erudito Credits differ from the British pound currency of Assassin's Creed 3's single player campaign, suggesting they will be used in the title's multiplayer mode.
We have contacted Ubisoft for information and will update the post when it becomes available.
Update: "The Erudito Credits are a new way of unlocking content in ACIII Multiplayer," a Ubisoft representative told Polygon. "People who have little time can use Erudito Credits as a shortcut to unlock game items from level 1 to 50 (excluding Prestige levels and relics rewards). This is not mandatory, all items sold in Erudito Credits are also available in Abstergo Credits and can be unlocked through normal progression like previous years."
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us