Assassin's Creed 3 will include an in-game currency which can be paid for using real money, according to product listings on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace, as spotted by Eurogamer.
The currency, called Erudito Credits, can be bought in various bundles. A pack of 925 Erudito Credits can be purchased for 1600 Microsoft Points, while bundles of 20, 50, 155, 380, and 925 Credits are listed on the US PlayStation Store.
"Buying this pack will grant you 925 Erudito Credits ingame, allowing you to acquire some game items, disregarding your current level," reads a screenshot taken by WorthPlaying.
Erudito Credits differ from the British pound currency of Assassin's Creed 3's single player campaign, suggesting they will be used in the title's multiplayer mode.
We have contacted Ubisoft for information and will update the post when it becomes available.
Update: "The Erudito Credits are a new way of unlocking content in ACIII Multiplayer," a Ubisoft representative told Polygon. "People who have little time can use Erudito Credits as a shortcut to unlock game items from level 1 to 50 (excluding Prestige levels and relics rewards). This is not mandatory, all items sold in Erudito Credits are also available in Abstergo Credits and can be unlocked through normal progression like previous years."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?