Assassin's Creed 3 will include an in-game currency which can be paid for using real money, according to product listings on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace, as spotted by Eurogamer.
The currency, called Erudito Credits, can be bought in various bundles. A pack of 925 Erudito Credits can be purchased for 1600 Microsoft Points, while bundles of 20, 50, 155, 380, and 925 Credits are listed on the US PlayStation Store.
"Buying this pack will grant you 925 Erudito Credits ingame, allowing you to acquire some game items, disregarding your current level," reads a screenshot taken by WorthPlaying.
Erudito Credits differ from the British pound currency of Assassin's Creed 3's single player campaign, suggesting they will be used in the title's multiplayer mode.
We have contacted Ubisoft for information and will update the post when it becomes available.
Update: "The Erudito Credits are a new way of unlocking content in ACIII Multiplayer," a Ubisoft representative told Polygon. "People who have little time can use Erudito Credits as a shortcut to unlock game items from level 1 to 50 (excluding Prestige levels and relics rewards). This is not mandatory, all items sold in Erudito Credits are also available in Abstergo Credits and can be unlocked through normal progression like previous years."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story