Cryptic Studios' Dungeons & Dragons-based massively multiplayer online title Neverwinter will be playable at Paris Games Week this week, publisher Perfect World Entertainment announced today.
After completing the demo, players will have the opportunity to sign up for guaranteed access to the Neverwinter beta. The demo features the first French public appearance of the Blackdagger Ruins adventure zone, an area populated by hostile pirate ghosts.
The game's presence at Paris Games Week is partly sponsored by computer company Asus, which provided the desktop stations on which attendees can test Neverwinter.
Neverwinter takes place in the familiar D&D town of the same name, in which players must unravel the city's secrets and unearth its forgotten treasures. Neverwinter will be free-to-play and will launch in early 2013.
Paris Games Week will take place Oct. 31 through Nov. 4.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules