Retailer GameStop has canceled all midnight pick-up events tonight for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation at its northeast locations in light of Hurricane Sandy, reports Kotaku.
"Our top priority is the safety of our employees and customers," a representative for GameStop told Kotaku. "In compliance with directives issued by state and local authorities, stores in the path of the storm will remain closed until it is safe to re-open and midnight openings for Assassin's Creed 3 have been cancelled in the northeast."
GameStop encourages those who are planning to pick up the games this week to check with local stores individually regarding re-opening plans.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pax East: Bring us your Polygon Scavenger Hunt photos, Vines and stories
- Daggerfall players
- The Hong Kong Massacre
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds