Retailer GameStop has canceled all midnight pick-up events tonight for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation at its northeast locations in light of Hurricane Sandy, reports Kotaku.
"Our top priority is the safety of our employees and customers," a representative for GameStop told Kotaku. "In compliance with directives issued by state and local authorities, stores in the path of the storm will remain closed until it is safe to re-open and midnight openings for Assassin's Creed 3 have been cancelled in the northeast."
GameStop encourages those who are planning to pick up the games this week to check with local stores individually regarding re-opening plans.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30