Medal of Honor Warfighter's multiplayer beta will be available this Friday, Oct. 5, according to Major Nelson's podcast.
The beta is exclusive to Xbox 360.
Major Nelson confirmed the date in an interview with Warfighter senior designer Ben Jones on the latest episode of his podcast, Major Nelson Radio (the Warfighter discussion begins at 23:44). Publisher Electronic Arts previously announced that the beta would feature a mode called HotSpot on the Sarajevo Stadium map in Bosnia.
According to Jones, the beta offers a refined version of the multiplayer gameplay that developer Danger Close showed off at Gamescom and PAX this past summer. In addition, those who download the beta will receive an hour of double XP in the full game's multiplayer mode.
Medal of Honor Warfighter launches on Oct. 23 on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. For more details on its multiplayer component, check out our E3 preview.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- The Nic Cage-led Superman movie was delightfully bizarre, and doomed