From the earliest text-based adventures to the latest modern shooters, Reverse Enginears has created a stunning musical composition featuring only sounds and music from PC games.
Reverse Enginears is a digital creative agency that specializes in A/V re-sequencing. AKA "remixes." Their remixes have been featured in advertising campaigns for Disney, Marvel and GM, and have been watched millions of times on YouTube and elsewhere.
You may also enjoy A brief history of video games.
Complete list of games referenced:
Kings Quest: Quest For The Crown
Hard Hat Mack
Sid Meier's Pirates
Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego
Pool of Radiance
Leisure Suit Larry in The Land of The Lounge Lizards
Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter
Defender of The Crown
Captain Power and The Soldier of The Future
Prince of Persia
Monkey Island 2
Kings Quest VI
Sam & Max Hit The Road
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Sim City 2000
Day of The Tentacle
Mech Warrior 2
Wing Commander 3
X-Com UFO Defense
Command & Conquer
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
Star Wars TIE Fighter
Elder Scrolls Arena
Duke Nukem 3D
Elder Scrolls II
Heroes of Might and Magic III
Counter Strike 1.6
Star Wars: Knight of The Old Republic
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Unreal Tournament 2004
Hitman: Blood Money
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Space 2
Gran Theft Auto 4
Deus Ex Machina
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?