Activision-Blizzard is launching its own social and mobile game platform after announcing two new Skylanders mobile games today.
Named Activate, the mobile and social platform will put Activision in competition with the likes of Gree's OpenFeint and DeNA's Mobage. Inside Mobile Apps reports that Activate will allow users to access mobile games by logging in with their Facebook credentials or with an Activate account. This will then give them access to their friends list.
Some games, like the two upcoming Skylanders games, will support cloud storage, which will allow users to access their games on any iOS device.
Inside Mobile Apps adds that Activate will be getting social multiplayer features later this year.
Activision-Blizzard opened its first mobile-only studio, The Blast Furnace, in August. The Leeds-based studio developed Pitfall! for iOS.
Activate has not been dated, although the two Skylanders games are expected to release in November.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft