Mobile game developer Big Fish Games launched its first real-money gambling casino game in the United Kingdom this week, making it the first game of its kind in the UK, Venture Beat reports.
The Big Fish Casino UK app is a collaboration between Big Fish and Betable. Betable provides the technology that verifies who the user is, if they're of legal age and whether the player is in a location where online gambling is permitted. It also executes the round of gambling that determines whether a player wins or loses.
"Real-money betting is just one more way we are enhancing the Big Fish Casino gameplay experience," said Carey DiJulio, general manager of Big Fish Casino. "With the launch of Big Fish Casino UK, real‐money players in the United Kingdom can join our other Big Fish Casino players in the social aspects and thrill of casino gaming from their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch anywhere they happen to be."
Users will be able to play Big Fish Casino UK for fun or with the option to make a real-money bet. The game is the first in a series that will make use of Betable's real-money gambling technology.
Big Fish Casino UK is currently available in the iTunes App Store for iOS devices.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business