Ubisoft recommends all users who purchase Assassin's Creed 3 download the title's day one patch, which is designed to offer a fix for a number of bugs and crash scenarios.
"This day one update is designed to optimize your player experience," writes the developer on the official Ubisoft forums. "[It] is highly recommended."
The full patch notes are available on the forum; However, they contain numerous game spoilers. No spoilers are included in this post.
According to the patch notes, this update fixes a number of issues including a bug that caused players to become stuck after diving from a waterfall or following an attempt to sneak out of a haystack from a particular angle.
Other mission-oriented issues are fixed including one in which it was possible to let an allied NPC drown by heading in the wrong direction.
Assassin's Creed 3 is available in North America today on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Retailer GameStop announced it is canceling all midnight pick-up events tonight for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation at its northeast locations in light of Hurricane Sandy.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- RIP Friends List?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming