Ubisoft recommends all users who purchase Assassin's Creed 3 download the title's day one patch, which is designed to offer a fix for a number of bugs and crash scenarios.
"This day one update is designed to optimize your player experience," writes the developer on the official Ubisoft forums. "[It] is highly recommended."
The full patch notes are available on the forum; However, they contain numerous game spoilers. No spoilers are included in this post.
According to the patch notes, this update fixes a number of issues including a bug that caused players to become stuck after diving from a waterfall or following an attempt to sneak out of a haystack from a particular angle.
Other mission-oriented issues are fixed including one in which it was possible to let an allied NPC drown by heading in the wrong direction.
Assassin's Creed 3 is available in North America today on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Retailer GameStop announced it is canceling all midnight pick-up events tonight for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation at its northeast locations in light of Hurricane Sandy.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)