Ubisoft recommends all users who purchase Assassin's Creed 3 download the title's day one patch, which is designed to offer a fix for a number of bugs and crash scenarios.
"This day one update is designed to optimize your player experience," writes the developer on the official Ubisoft forums. "[It] is highly recommended."
The full patch notes are available on the forum; However, they contain numerous game spoilers. No spoilers are included in this post.
According to the patch notes, this update fixes a number of issues including a bug that caused players to become stuck after diving from a waterfall or following an attempt to sneak out of a haystack from a particular angle.
Other mission-oriented issues are fixed including one in which it was possible to let an allied NPC drown by heading in the wrong direction.
Assassin's Creed 3 is available in North America today on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Retailer GameStop announced it is canceling all midnight pick-up events tonight for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation at its northeast locations in light of Hurricane Sandy.
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Wobble Rocket: Our first game! (looking for feedback)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II