Ubisoft recommends all users who purchase Assassin's Creed 3 download the title's day one patch, which is designed to offer a fix for a number of bugs and crash scenarios.
"This day one update is designed to optimize your player experience," writes the developer on the official Ubisoft forums. "[It] is highly recommended."
The full patch notes are available on the forum; However, they contain numerous game spoilers. No spoilers are included in this post.
According to the patch notes, this update fixes a number of issues including a bug that caused players to become stuck after diving from a waterfall or following an attempt to sneak out of a haystack from a particular angle.
Other mission-oriented issues are fixed including one in which it was possible to let an allied NPC drown by heading in the wrong direction.
Assassin's Creed 3 is available in North America today on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Retailer GameStop announced it is canceling all midnight pick-up events tonight for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation at its northeast locations in light of Hurricane Sandy.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)