Ubisoft recommends all users who purchase Assassin's Creed 3 download the title's day one patch, which is designed to offer a fix for a number of bugs and crash scenarios.
"This day one update is designed to optimize your player experience," writes the developer on the official Ubisoft forums. "[It] is highly recommended."
The full patch notes are available on the forum; However, they contain numerous game spoilers. No spoilers are included in this post.
According to the patch notes, this update fixes a number of issues including a bug that caused players to become stuck after diving from a waterfall or following an attempt to sneak out of a haystack from a particular angle.
Other mission-oriented issues are fixed including one in which it was possible to let an allied NPC drown by heading in the wrong direction.
Assassin's Creed 3 is available in North America today on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Retailer GameStop announced it is canceling all midnight pick-up events tonight for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation at its northeast locations in light of Hurricane Sandy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here