FIFA Soccer 13 is on sale for $39.99 on Amazon, a $20 discount from its standard retail price — and that's just one of the games on offer today through the site.
From 9 a.m. ET through midnight, Amazon will periodically slash the prices of select games and gaming hardware as part of its carousel of Lightning Deals. Each offer will only be available for a limited time, or until all of said offers are claimed. As is the site's custom, none of the offers have been explicitly named (save for the first, which went on sale earlier this morning); instead, only clues about the identity of each product have been revealed.
- 9 a.m. ET: Risen 2 for $29.99 (down from $39.99)
- 10 a.m. ET: "Brush up on your Tamriel history in this award-winning epic adventure."
- 11 a.m. ET: "Enjoy this mashup on the 3DS."
- 12 p.m. ET: "Explore Hong Kong in this open world game."
- 2 p.m. ET: "This deal will keep you 'Kinected' to entertainment throughout the holidays."
- 4 p.m. ET: "Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock to bring you a great deal on this post-apocalyptic shooter."
- 5 p.m. ET: "If you're serious about gaming, then get serious about the sound."
- 7 p.m. ET: "The vacation from hell -- on Xbox 360."
- 8 p.m. ET: "The vacation from hell -- on PS3."
- 9 p.m. ET: "Experience every jolt, bump, and shudder with this officially licensed Wireless Force Feedback Racing Wheel for Xbox 360."
- 10 p.m. ET: "Shout your way across this open-world fantasy adventure. Just don't take an arrow in the knee."
- 11 p.m. ET: "Musical nostalgia: final fantasy style."
- 12 a.m. ET: "Be a mercenary fighter doing battle against deadly fiends and powerful beasts."
Some of those hints are more obvious than others — Skyrim and Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm seem like sure bets — so be sure to share your theories in the comments.