Dead Island Riptide, the follow-up to last year's open-world, cooperative zombie survival game, will launch in North America April 23, 2013, and in all other territories three days later, publisher Deep Silver announced today.
Alongside the release date, Deep Silver also revealed two bonus editions for the U.K., which potential players will be able to pick up at launch. The Pre-order Edition (which, appropriate, is available to pre-order now) contains "an exclusive pack of weapon mods that allows even more, manifold ways to dispose of the ghastly zombie hordes on Palanai island." Details on the identity of those weapons have not been released.
Also available is the Special Retailers Edition, which contains an alternate character skin "not obtainable anywhere else," and an alternate packshot. This edition will only be available at "selected retail partners," which also have not been announced at the time of this writing.
Dead Island Riptide will be available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows PCs when it launches next year.
Update: The two bonus editions listed above are for the U.K. only. North American gamers will be able to pick up the Dead Island Riptide Special Edition when the game launches, which includes "exclusive weapon mods," a complete map of the in-game environment and a unique character skin. Pre-order details on this edition are unknown, but a Deep Silver press release promises that supplies will be limited.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?