Dead Island Riptide, the follow-up to last year's open-world, cooperative zombie survival game, will launch in North America April 23, 2013, and in all other territories three days later, publisher Deep Silver announced today.
Alongside the release date, Deep Silver also revealed two bonus editions for the U.K., which potential players will be able to pick up at launch. The Pre-order Edition (which, appropriate, is available to pre-order now) contains "an exclusive pack of weapon mods that allows even more, manifold ways to dispose of the ghastly zombie hordes on Palanai island." Details on the identity of those weapons have not been released.
Also available is the Special Retailers Edition, which contains an alternate character skin "not obtainable anywhere else," and an alternate packshot. This edition will only be available at "selected retail partners," which also have not been announced at the time of this writing.
Dead Island Riptide will be available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows PCs when it launches next year.
Update: The two bonus editions listed above are for the U.K. only. North American gamers will be able to pick up the Dead Island Riptide Special Edition when the game launches, which includes "exclusive weapon mods," a complete map of the in-game environment and a unique character skin. Pre-order details on this edition are unknown, but a Deep Silver press release promises that supplies will be limited.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?