Dead Island Riptide, the follow-up to last year's open-world, cooperative zombie survival game, will launch in North America April 23, 2013, and in all other territories three days later, publisher Deep Silver announced today.
Alongside the release date, Deep Silver also revealed two bonus editions for the U.K., which potential players will be able to pick up at launch. The Pre-order Edition (which, appropriate, is available to pre-order now) contains "an exclusive pack of weapon mods that allows even more, manifold ways to dispose of the ghastly zombie hordes on Palanai island." Details on the identity of those weapons have not been released.
Also available is the Special Retailers Edition, which contains an alternate character skin "not obtainable anywhere else," and an alternate packshot. This edition will only be available at "selected retail partners," which also have not been announced at the time of this writing.
Dead Island Riptide will be available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows PCs when it launches next year.
Update: The two bonus editions listed above are for the U.K. only. North American gamers will be able to pick up the Dead Island Riptide Special Edition when the game launches, which includes "exclusive weapon mods," a complete map of the in-game environment and a unique character skin. Pre-order details on this edition are unknown, but a Deep Silver press release promises that supplies will be limited.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup