Dead Island Riptide, the follow-up to last year's open-world, cooperative zombie survival game, will launch in North America April 23, 2013, and in all other territories three days later, publisher Deep Silver announced today.
Alongside the release date, Deep Silver also revealed two bonus editions for the U.K., which potential players will be able to pick up at launch. The Pre-order Edition (which, appropriate, is available to pre-order now) contains "an exclusive pack of weapon mods that allows even more, manifold ways to dispose of the ghastly zombie hordes on Palanai island." Details on the identity of those weapons have not been released.
Also available is the Special Retailers Edition, which contains an alternate character skin "not obtainable anywhere else," and an alternate packshot. This edition will only be available at "selected retail partners," which also have not been announced at the time of this writing.
Dead Island Riptide will be available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows PCs when it launches next year.
Update: The two bonus editions listed above are for the U.K. only. North American gamers will be able to pick up the Dead Island Riptide Special Edition when the game launches, which includes "exclusive weapon mods," a complete map of the in-game environment and a unique character skin. Pre-order details on this edition are unknown, but a Deep Silver press release promises that supplies will be limited.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?