In honor of Veteran's Day, Wargaming America, the North American publisher of Wargaming.net's World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships, will sponsor tournaments and charitable events throughout November with proceeds from sales going to charitable organizations, according to a press release from the company.
From 7 p.m. ET on Nov. 9 through 6 p.m. ET on Nov. 12, 2012, Wargaming America will donate 20 percent of proceeds from "select in-game Gift Shot packages" to Homes for Our Troops, the National Military Family Association, Operation Homefront, Paralyzed Veterans of America and AMVETS. The packages include 12,000 gold for $49.99; both 1,111,000 credits and 2,012 gold for $19.99; and 3,000 gold will cost $14.89.
From Nov. 16 through Nov. 19, 2012, Wargaming will hold three simultaneous tournaments that will culminate in cash prizes based on the largest number of concurrent players on North American servers in November. More information on the 5v5 tournaments is available on the World of Tanks website.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Two Ubisoft developers watched a goat sacrifice while researching Far Cry 4
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business