In honor of Veteran's Day, Wargaming America, the North American publisher of Wargaming.net's World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships, will sponsor tournaments and charitable events throughout November with proceeds from sales going to charitable organizations, according to a press release from the company.
From 7 p.m. ET on Nov. 9 through 6 p.m. ET on Nov. 12, 2012, Wargaming America will donate 20 percent of proceeds from "select in-game Gift Shot packages" to Homes for Our Troops, the National Military Family Association, Operation Homefront, Paralyzed Veterans of America and AMVETS. The packages include 12,000 gold for $49.99; both 1,111,000 credits and 2,012 gold for $19.99; and 3,000 gold will cost $14.89.
From Nov. 16 through Nov. 19, 2012, Wargaming will hold three simultaneous tournaments that will culminate in cash prizes based on the largest number of concurrent players on North American servers in November. More information on the 5v5 tournaments is available on the World of Tanks website.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic